Top Ten Thursday - Happy New Year!

Welcome to Top Ten Thursday and Happy New Year! Wow, a brand new 2017!





The first Top Ten Thursday of this year is an opportunity to look ahead and think of the things we want to achieve this year, be it in our job, around the house, health-wise,...




God knows I need to get in better shape! Let's go!




  1. Lose weight! 10kg would be great, 15 even better. That's 20 - 30 pounds. I don't worry too much about weight (even though I'm probably where I was before giving birth, ouch, but I worry about not fitting into my fat jeans anymore. 
  2. Eat no chocolate, no cookies, no cake and drink no wine for at least the month of January
  3. Get some exercise, even it it's just walking
  4. Keep up the purging, I need to file my 2016 (and while I'm at it, 2015,...)
  5. Volunteer at our village's activity society. I signed up to do a scavenger hunt at their 15 years anniversary convention
  6. If something won't have a place to live, I won't purchase it. Did you hear that, IKEA?
  7. Spend less time on social media. Geez the time I'm gonna save!
  8. Speaking of saving. This is the year I need a major decrease in spending money!
  9. Simplify chores in favour of more me-time for writing
  10. Breathe
Oh my goodness, that is ridiculous! Everything I ever learned about goal setting went down the drain. "Do more of X, less of Y" is BS. It needs to be specific, measurable and a couple of other things. I am not good at this. I hate to commit to things I don't like doing. 

Guys, I wrote this about a week ago. This is what it looks like today:

I did well because I didn't spend much money, and I allowed myself to write instead of un-decorating.  I think my breathing was OK as well. Everything else, especially #1-3 and 7? 

Let's just say, there are still 51 weeks left to make up for it... 😂








How about you? What are your plans and goals? Tell us about them in the comments below or link up using the tool!

I will need to take a break from Top Ten Thursday in favour of 20 Days of Chill. We'll be back on February 2nd to deal with a difficult topic: friends breaking up. You've been friends with that couple for a long time, now they've decided to go different ways. Our post will contain the top then things (not) to do or say! Go!

The week after we're watching a movie! 

I ask you to pick one of the following movies and "analyse" it. Choose ten scenes from that one movie. Scenes of which you think they are surprising, interesting, odd, fun, questionable, or just wrong, and talk about them:
  • Rainman
  • The Wedding Planner
  • Pretty Woman
  • Ocean's Eleven
  • When Harry met Sally
  • Sleepless in Seattle
  • Analyse this / that
  • Forrest Gump
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Any James Bond movie starring Sean Connery
Got it? Wonderful. Can't wait for that one. It posts on February 9. Sign up here.

Comments