Top Ten Thursday - Halloween Candy


Welcome back to Top Ten Thursday!


Today we're doing a top ten list of Halloween candy we used to love as kids (or still do today)! 

Growing up in Switzerland I didn't know about Halloween and trick or treating. 

It wasn't till I lived in California and returned to my home country after 9/11 that I noticed Swiss retail slowly picking up on this holiday. They mostly used the opportunity to get rid of carnival costumes, but there were occasional jack'o'lantern, some candles or napkins, but that was about all there was to it.

Among the traditional Swiss people I feel a lot of resistance against this American BS of sending kids to beg for candy. 

They just don't get it.

This week Swiss supermarkets must have gotten the green light to set up shop for Christmas season. 

I just don't get it.

I want my fair share of Halloween!!! So glad I picked this topic. Let's go, candy, in no particular order:
  1. Lindor Balls (dark chocolate)
  2. Haribo gummy bears
  3. York Patties
  4. M&Ms (peanuts)
  5. Dilettante Chocolate Covered Bing Cherries
  6. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  7. Snickers
  8. Milky Way (milk chocolate)
  9. Maple roasted cashews
  10. A glass of wine!


You can tell it was getting harder by the end... Looks like I'm not too much of a candy person after all. Now cake and cookies... a whole other story! I say we keep that in mind for an upcoming Top Ten Thursday theme!

That being said, head over here to find out what your favorite Halloween Candy says about you!

Preview: Next week, November 2nd we'll do something to improve the general depressing mood that may go around these days: Top ten tips to brighten a dull November day! Clothes, activities, foods, places to visit, things to do,... sign up here.



The week after, November 9, I want you to list the top ten things that recently made your day, made you laugh or at least smile, just a collection of positive moments! Sign up here.





Comments